What’s the BEST way to start your New Year Decluttering? Get ready be committed and be quick! If you’re plodding along with no obvious progress, frustration creeps in and you’ll most likely get frustrated and give up. Here are a few tips to get moving and declutter!
- Starting January 1– declutter as much as you are able to in your home. This could be taking down and putting away Christmas decorations, it could be going through kids toys, or maybe your clothing.
- Don’t worry about how much or how little time you have to devote. If you can spend at least 15 minutes a day decluttering SOMETHING you’re farther along than you were the day before. If you’re feeling motivated to do more or maybe you’re off work and want to clean out that closet you’ve been eyeing for the last year, now’s your chance!
- Grab some garbage bags or baskets to put your decluttered items into – have a plan for what you find otherwise you’ll simply be putting it back.
- Set up these categories for what you find: Toss/Keep/Sell/Donate
- Set your timer for 15-30 minutes and move quickly through your home, finding things to declutter. The most important thing for me is to get the items OUT of the house quickly. Put the bags in the garage or better yet, straight to your car and out the door to your favorite donation center.
Call Us If You Need Some Extra Help!